Join Our Team – Project Manager
We are a group of passionate designers and developers that deploy creative digital solutions for nonprofits and small businesses all over the world.
We focus on building beautiful, emotionally compelling, and conversion-centric websites designed to engage and motivate people. Our team brings decades of experience in all facets of the digital space, and we’ve united here at side•sea with the common mission of inciting positive change.
Working With Us
We are a distributed team with a headquarters in downtown Portland Maine, you are welcome to work out of our office or remote. We strongly believe in working where and when you are most productive.
- We fight for the people trying to create a better future because we are humanitarians that believe the only way to get to a better place is to build the path that takes you there.
- Sustainability is everything. We are a bootstrapped company that has taken $0 dollars in investment money. We make our decisions as a team and ensure only those in the trenches with us impact our future.
- Global online payments excites us. We are deeply interested in the movement of money online and the accompanying technology. Conversion funnels, donor engagement, and attrition models are things we think deeply about.
- Move fast, but don’t break things. We are aggressive with our development schedules and understand the value of being able to move quickly. However, we are processing millions of dollars for charities all over the world, so shipping bug-free software is a must.
- Cross-pollination is the key to creating productive people. We believe that in all aspects of life the more you experience and learn the better person you’ll become. Our career tracts are focused on improving your skills and experience. If a member of the team isn’t learning, we have a major problem.
What We’re Looking For
In order to be effective from day 1, we need you to have at least 2 years of client-facing project management experience in digital or creative projects. You will be managing up to 20 design and/or technology projects at a time so strong organization and professional communication skills are required.
Ideally you have experience in web design projects or at least a passion for digital design and technology. As you progress we will work with you to develop confidence in digital and creative strategies to ensure you succeed on the front line.
We execute custom wordpress websites, digital marketing strategies, and operate a fundraising SaaS product for nonprofits and digital partners. You will be charged with guiding customers through the web design process and ensuring that projects are executed on time and budget.
Daily tasks will include
- Overseeing the project process to ensure timeline and budget
- Managing internal queues for designers and developers through Trello
- QA on all project tasks before presenting to clients
- Scheduling and coordinating client meetings with the internal team
- Providing support on presentations and taking detailed revision notes
- Presenting design and development revisions
- Coordinating with clients to ensure all content is received in a timely fashion
- Answering client questions via email
- Recommending improvements to internal processes
- Launching amazing websites that change the world
- Strong sense of organization
- Professionalism in all forms of communication
- Ability to think on your feet and perform in client meetings
- Detail oriented and schedule focused
- Strong word processing and spreadsheets
- Calm, cool and collected
- Understanding of project scope and budgets
- Strong multi-tasker
Healthcare, Dental & Vision
Maternity & Paternity Leave
Performance Based Bonus
80 Hours Paid Vacation
70 Hours Paid Sick
Flexible Work Schedule / Remote Work Options
Salaried Compensation Commensurate on Experience
- TO APPLY –
Please email email@example.com with the following information:
- A short introduction describing who you are and what you’re looking for in life (both now and in the future). What projects have you enjoyed working on? What do you dislike working on? What motivates you?
- A short explanation of some of the challenges you’ve faced in project management and the path you took towards resolution.
- A brief description of your work history (resume, Linkedin profile, prose, etc)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000